I have been thinking a lot lately about mothers and role that they play in our lives. Being a mother of two children of my own, I have finally begun to appreciate and realize the sacrifices that a mother must endure in order to raise her child. No one said that motherhood would be easy or that it would always be sunshine. It rains and pours some days.
Some people have no interaction with their mother, some people have no mother, others cherish their mother. No matter what type of relationship a child has with its mother a couple of facts remain true: A mother is usually a child's first teacher, without a woman there would be no civilization. Literally. This blog isn't intended to upset those who have their own beliefs, however, I strongly believe that their is a higher power who designed women so perfectly. From their body, to their mind, to their will to provide and protect their offsprings. Its something so significant and special about a mother. Pregnancy, labor, and delivery alone are so demanding alone. Yes, mostly anyone is capable of bearing a child however I feel that only a real mother will stay when times are hard. When she is feeling like crying and throwing her hands up, when she is alone and the father who helped create the child is abscent. It is easy to give up on anything, especially parenting because it is such a selfless job. Meaning that the rewards often seem far and inbetween. If you are a first time mother or mother of four just know that the rewards are priceless and that if you raise your children with that unconditional love that they will be better people themselves.
I would like to thank my mother especially as I go through this journey of motherhood. For without her love, her understanding, and her unconditional faith in me I would not be able to stand tall. She has been a constant inspiration and a comforting voice of reason when I need her and even when I feel I do not need her.
Saturday, April 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This post is a just perfect for upcoming Mother's Day!
ReplyDeleteThank you for visiting my blog. I got my blog background free from http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/. They have instructions on exactly what to do. And my daughter took one of their headers and made it mine for me using an online photo editing site...I think it's picnic.com.
Blogging is a lot like journaling. There are some things that I just won't blog about but for the most part, the blog is like a journal of my life. And if it encourages someone along the way that just happens by, then so be it. One day, maybe I'll print it all out and put it into a keepsake book for my kids...
One other suggestion...I don't use my kids real names and I'm careful about the pictures of them that I use. There are pervs out there!!
Many blessings to you and your family...
Thank you so much for your response! I appreciate the feed back. How do you get others to follow you?
ReplyDelete